CAT Exam 2018: CAT is one of the most desired entrance exams for the aspirants who are looking to take admission in any of the MBA course or in an IIM college. The CAT exam 2018 is the one which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management or IIMs. The main objective of conducting CAT is to check the ability, proficiency, aptitude, decision making and logical thinking of the candidate.
If you are also going to apply for the coming CAT exam then it is very important to prepare yourself properly, therefore, we are here providing the best CAT exam preparation guidelines. There is not very much remaining in CAT exam 2018, it just a few months away and if you are looking at how to prepare for CAT Exam 2018 then you are at right place. Here, we are providing you with all basic information related to the CAT exam and the method of preparation. These tips will help you during the exam time.
Time is very less and still, lots of syllabus is there to prepare than do not worry just go to the topic of how to prepare for CAT 2018 in our post and follow the tips from there. We have also recommended some good books for the preparation of CAT these books are really going to help you a lot while practising for the CAT exam 2018. So, do not waste your time any more and start preparing for the exam without any further delay. For any query or problem, we are here to guide you.
Recommended: CAT Exam 2019
CAT Exam 2018
As the exam is coming soon and pressure is high everyone is focused on preparing for their Exam. The official announcement has been released and the online registration for CAT 2019 is going on so we hope that you are well prepared for your exam. There are many students who look over the CAT preparation tips for the end moment preparation. As it is the cat exam there are no shortcuts for the preparation you have to focus on each and every part of the syllabus which we are going to discuss later in detail. Before starting your preparation we advise you to catch your strong subjects and make a proper schedule for your CAT exam preparation so that you will not get stressed at the end time, stop looking at how to prepare for CAT exam 2018 just follow our tips.
Eligibility criteria for CAT
* Qualification: Those aspirants who are preparing for CAT exam should acquire minimum 50% aggregate marks in bachelor degree.
* Those who are appearing in the final year of graduation are also eligible to participate in CAT exam.
* Seat Reservation
1. For SC candidates – 15%
2. For ST candidates – 7.5%
3. For OBC candidates – 27%
4. For PWD candidates – 3%
CAT Exam 2018 pattern
As you are applying for CAT exam you should be aware of the question paper pattern which will help you in making your CAT preparation strategy. As you might be familiar that CAT question paper is having total 100 questions from the subjects like local reasoning, data interpretation, verbal ability and quantitative ability. Let us explore this data.
* Exam Mode: CBT or computer-based test
* Exam Duration: 180 minutes or 3 hours
* Marking scheme: Candidate will get 3 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
* Number of Questions
1. Quantitative ability: 34 questions
2. Data interpretation & logical reasoning : 32 questions
3. Verbal ability & reading comprehension: 34 questions
Syllabus of CAT 2018
* To properly understand the syllabus and pattern of cat exam we suggest the students focus more on CAT Mock Test.
* The syllabus of CAT get changes every year as it is not fixed.
* There are basically four sections in the syllabus which are Verbal Ability and English, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability or Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
Books suggested for Cat exam preparation
You can easily get the wide range of material Cat 2018 preparation tips but here in this section, we are going to suggest you some important books.
* By Tata McGraw-hill, Arun Sharma – the complete digest.
* By Tata Mcgraw Hill, How to prepare for Quantitative ability.
* How to prepare for Data interpretation and logical reasoning.
* How to prepare for verbal ability and reading comprehension.
* Trishna’s verbal ability and logical reasoning for CAT.
* Word power made easy by Norman Lewis.
* The personal guide to verbal ability and logical reasoning by Nishit Sinha.
Recommended: Careers after Graduation
How to Prepare for CAT 2018
This is the most important part of this article, we are here going to share some tips of the CAT exam preparation which are going to help you a lot.
1. We suggest the aspirants focus more on their strong points rather going on the weak topics.
2. Candidates should prepare CAT mock test on the daily basis which will help them in understanding the pattern of exam properly.
3. Make the revision of your all strong subjects after each 10 to 15 days.
4. For the preparation of CAT, we advise you to prepare at least for 10 hours in a day basically before 6 months.
5. The management schools mostly focus on the basic knowledge of aspirants so clear your basic part properly.
It is not very difficult to score good marks in CAT exam you just need a proper study with a scheduled way in which focus more on your strong part and then your weak subjects. During your Cat coaching, we suggest you focus more on the mock tests as they are going to help you more in getting an idea of the exam. So now stop searching for how to prepare for CAT Exam 2018 just follow our tips and start preparing
For any query contact us by commenting below. We will get back to you in 48 hours.