CAT Exam 2019: CAT is also known as Common Admission Test. All those aspirants who are looking for seeking the admission in MBA or PGDMA course this year and wants to go in a top IIM college have to give CAT 2018 which is one of the biggest management entrance exams. So, all those candidates who want to take admission in the session 2019-2021 have to give CAT exam 2019 which is going to held in the month of November.
The main motive of conducting CAT exam 2019 is to test the logical thinking, decision making and aptitude ability of the candidate, it will be good to say that CAT is having the best significance in the prospect of MBA admission. If you are dedicated to taking admission in management and willing to have a reputed IIM college then you are required to do a lot of practice. CAT is not a very tough exam, it is easy and simple just require your common sense and presence of mind.
While preparing and appearing in CAT exam you should keep your mind completely open and mobile this will help you in learning different aspects and tricks. Most of the students find the section of QA as the toughest one but in actual it just needs your concentration and practice. QA is one of the most scoring section where your chances of deduction are negligible. You should practice more and more and be updated with the all latest dates, the pattern of exam, syllabus of CAT 2019 etc which will help you in scoring well.
CAT Exam 2019
CAT 2019 is just in front of all aspirants there is not much time and everyone is having one single aim of cracking the exam. Before application, it is needed that you should be aware of the all-important details related to the exam which is about to come. Today, here we are going to inform you of all the necessary facts.
Recommended: Careers After Graduation
Eligibility criteria for CAT
There are some important eligibility criteria which are needed to be qualified by the candidate before filling the application form :
* Student must have attained minimum 50% marks in bachelor course from any recognized university.
* Those students who are appearing in final year examination of bachelor degree are eligible to apply for CAT 2019.
* 15% seats from total are reserved for SC candidates.
* There are 7.5% seats which are reserved for ST candidates.
* There are total 27% seats which are reserved for the OBC candidates.
* The person with disabilities has3% seats reserved for themselves.
CAT 2019 Exam Dates
|IIM (Indian Institute of Management)|
|50% aggregate in Graduation degree|
Official notification release date
|MBA and PGDM course|
Online Registration date
|8th August 2018|
Last date for registration
|19th September 2018|
Application correction date
|4th week of September 2018|
The release of Admit Card
|Around 24th October 2018|
|3rd week of October 2018|
CAT exam date
|25th November 2018|
The release date of Cut off
|November 2018 last week|
Answer Key release date
|December 2018 in 1st week|
The release date of result
|January 2018 in the 2nd week|
CAT Registration 2019
Candidates remain worried about the registration procedure of CAT 2019, here we are going to explain it in detail:
* The online registration for CAT 2019 will begin from 8th August 2018 on the official website, to register follow this link
* The last date of registration is 19th September 2018
* Next, you have to upload your photo with the following guidelines
Dimensions : 30mm * 45mm
Size : not more than 80 kb
Format : JPG / JPEG
Signature dimension : 80mm * 35mm
Size : not more than 80kb
* Those candidates who belong to registration category has to upload their category certificate if belongs to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD.
* At the time of registration candidates has to fill up the 4 test centre cities of their choices.
* After filling, take out the print of CAT Exam 2019 for use in future.
The registration fees for different categories is different which is :
* For SC, ST and PwD the fee is Rs. 950 and the other transaction procession fees.
* For other categories the registration fees is Rs. 1900 and other transaction fees.
* You can simply pay the registration fees through online mode by using different payment modes like Credit card, Net banking, Debit card, Wallet, and Cash card.
CAT Exam Pattern 2019
After filling the application form, you must be aware of the guidelines and exam pattern of 2019.
* Mode of Exam : The exam is Computer based that is in online mode.
* The exam is going to held in two sessions.
* Time Duration : The exam is going to hold for the duration of 3 hours that is 180 minutes.
* Total number of questions : There are total 100 questions in the CAT exam 2019.
* Type of Questions : You are going to have both subjective and objective type questions.
* Marking Scheme : For each correct answer candidate is going to get 3 marks. The best part of it is there is no negative marking for subjective questions and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer for objective questions.
CAT Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Allotted Time||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|Quantitative Ability||60 minutes||34||102|
|180 minutes||100 minutes||300|
For any query related to Cat Exam 2018 contact us or comment below, we will get back to you.